Karis Listening & Guidance
A confidential space where people are can be valued, truly listened to, and helped to explore issues which are important to them, such as what brings hope, purpose, meaning, inner strength and a sense of belonging.
Listening and Guidance is based on a whole person approach to health and wellbeing and offers help at the emotional, psychological, spiritual, and social levels. It has been found to be particularly useful by those experiencing loss in their lives, e.g., loss of a relationship, work, health, bereavement, confidence, purpose, wellbeing. Listening and Guidance is offered by Chaplains for Wellbeing.
Chaplains for wellbeing will…
- Listen to your story
- Hear your concerns and offer reflection and support
- Give you space to explore your own spiritual needs
- Help you find your own way forward
- Provide useful resources
- Offer time for relaxation, meditation and if you wish, prayer
- Put you in touch with other helpful agencies
Your first appointment is a chance for you to meet a member of the team. This session may be up to an hour and offers time for one-to-one discussion in a confidential space. Following appointments may be shorter.
If you are a patient at one of the below 7 practices you can talk to your GP about referral or fill in a referral form here.
Karis Medical; The Wand Medical Centre; Bath Row Medical Practice; Bournbrook Varsity Medical Centre; Harborne Medical Practice Centre; Sherwood House Medical Practice or University Medical Practice
Bethel Health & Healing Network
Rapha Listening Service
What does “Rapha” mean = Healing, including healing the mind as well as the body. The service offered includes:
- A telephone and/or face to face Listening Service for anyone aged 18 in need of a listening ear.
- Non-judgmental, confidential, compassionate service that is all about you.
- Fully trained listeners, available 7 days a week; 8am-7pm.
- An initial assessment will be carried out by a trained and experienced member of the Rapha team.
Clients can access up to 9 listening sessions, although more can be agreed if required. As a client you will be matched with a suitable listener who will stay with you for the duration of the support.
Each listening session may last up to 45 minutes, which provides time for you to talk about their concerns in a confidential and discrete setting.
Referral form can be found here.