Social Media Assistant
Job placement summary
Overall purpose of the role
Help us reach more people in Birmingham in need of mental health support. You will assist with the implementation of our digital marketing strategy, achieving agreed content creation and engagement targets contributing to our key performance indicators, the way we measure our social media success. You will Keep up to date with new digital marketing techniques and be a make a valuable contribution to the long-term development of our digital marketing strategy which is to promote and engage with people to grow their awareness of mental health support.
The role is for 25 hours a week, which includes a half day of training each week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate all social media channels in line with our brand values and identity.
- Assist with the upkeep and review of the Citizen Coaching website
- Increase the number of followers, ‘likes’ and audience engagement for our digital marketing and social media content.
- Assist with the development of digital marketing methods, e-newsletters, and offline marketing such as leaflets, posters, flyers etc.
- Monitor, report and analyse results to improve performance, using tools such as Google analytics and others.
- Work closely with the operations team and liaise with external organisations and designers.
Person specification and experience
- Good knowledge of digital marketing platforms and social media and their trends. This can be from your own profiles.
- Good understanding of MS office applications, particularly Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Effective time and workload management
- Empathy with the aims and values of the organisation
- Commitment to continuous improvement including own professional development
- Willingness to be flexible and dynamic as organisation needs change
- Commitment to principles of Equal Opportunities
Due to the nature of this post, it is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), criminal records check.
Social Media Assistant
Bethel Health & Healing Network
25 hours per week / Minimum Wage for your age group
This position is funded as part of the Government Kickstart Scheme and is open to 16–24 year-olds
on Universal Credit.
If you would like to apply, please speak to your Work Coach at your local Job Centre who will check your eligibility and provide details on how to apply.