Job placement summary
Overall purpose of the role
To support service users to achieve identified goals and outcomes and live fulfilled lives and active citizenship.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide day to day guidance, support, and mentorship to service users.
- To appropriately plan and organise outcomes-focussed activities to engage people travelling through the Mental Health treatment system
- To help develop new and innovative ways to support people recover from Mental Health issues
- To establish a positive and interactive relationship with each service user.
- To work at the direction of the therapists and counsellors working in the treatment pathway
- To help each service user to develop or begin to develop life skills and to accomplish specific goals.
- To help service users take part in positive activities
- To provide awareness of community, educational and economic resources available to people and their families, and how to access these resources.
- To complete specific tasks as directed by your line manager.
- To work with service users to identify way of improving their wellbeing.
- Ensure that detailed documents and records are kept for service users.
- To adhere to company policies and procedures
- To actively engage with staff and service users to ensure open channels of communication.
- To form good partnership working with Local Authorities, voluntary agencies and community groups.
- To ensure health and safety procedures are followed.
- To attend team meetings and planned supervision sessions.
- To attend training and development opportunities as identified to increase your skills.
- Report and document any incidents, accidents, complaints, or concerns. Ensuring the registered manager has been informed.
- To follow safeguarding procedures
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Person specification and experience
Person Specification and experience
- Non judgmental
- Approachable and non-intimidating nature
- Positive, energetic and solution focused approach to work
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity and understanding of confidentiality and discretion.
- Enthusiastic attitude with an appetite to learn.
- Empathy with the aims and values of the organisation
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to continuous improvement including own professional development.
- Commitment to principles of Equal Opportunities
Due to the nature of this post, it is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), criminal records check.
Living Well Consortium
25 hours per week / Minimum Wage for your age group
This position is funded as part of the Government Kickstart Scheme and is open to 16–24 year-olds
on Universal Credit.
If you would like to apply, please speak to your Work Coach at your local Job Centre who will check your eligibility and provide details on how to apply.