Job placement summary
Overall purpose of the role
The project assistant will support the Administrator and all project leaders in a range of tasks which support all aspects of our work. They will focus on administrative tasks and practical, hands-on help.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To split time appropriately across projects to assist with changing needs and pressures.
- To assist the Administrator in general office and HR administrative duties.
- To assist various projects with operational duties and contacting clients
- Ensuring the day-to-day standard of the office rooms are maintained, such as tidying up, making drinks for clients, maintaining office leaflets and displays and managing incoming parcels and other items into the office.
- Supporting the staff with creating publicity, presentations, newsletters and promotional/community events.
- Supporting staff with client data entry and electronic filing and archiving.
- To play an active role in monitoring, managing and developing all projects.
- To support with the administration of all project activities
- To participate in training and continuing development as agreed with your line manager.
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the purpose and nature of the post.
Person specification and experience
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solver
- Positive and Energetic approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic attitude with an appetite to learn
- Good understanding of MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Empathy with the aims and values of the organisation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to continuous improvement including own professional development
- Commitment to principles of Equal Opportunities
- Working knowledge and understanding of a range of social media platforms.
Due to the nature of this post, it is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), criminal records check.
Karis Neighbour Scheme
25 hours per week / Minimum Wage for your age group
This position is funded as part of the Government Kickstart Scheme and is open to 16–24 year-olds
on Universal Credit.
If you would like to apply, please speak to your Work Coach at your local Job Centre who will check your eligibility and provide details on how to apply.