Barista x 2
Job placement summary
Overall purpose of the role
To serve customers, deal with payments and maintain a high standard of customer service. The post holder will work in a busy environment, helping with the day to day running of the cafés and events space.
Responsibilities and Duties
Working across multiple sites:
- Support with orders for food and drinks
- Serve customers in an efficient and polite manner, responding to their needs
- To operate a cash register and deal with a variety of payments.
- To assist with setting up and supporting special events at the venue.
- To undertake such other duties as required by the organisation.
- To complete basic food safety documentation and paperwork.
- To carry out specific cleaning duties on a regular basis
- To adhere to food safety procedures and work in a safe and hygienic manner.
- To participate in training and development activities as required for the position.
- To understand and work with the ethos, aims and objectives of Aquarius.
- To undertake training as required by the organisation.
Person specification and experience
- Polite and friendly manner
- Able to follow instructions
- Hardworking and willing to learn new things
- Interest in the hospitality industry
- Enthusiastic approach to all aspects of work
- Punctual and good timekeeping
- Able to work as part of a team
- Empathy with the aims and values of the organisation
- Commitment to principles of Equal Opportunities
Evolve is a social enterprise that provides employment opportunities to young people (aged 16-25) who have faced barriers to employment.
Due to the nature of this post it is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), criminal records check.
Working pattern and contracted hours (including any shift patterns):
9am -5pm 3 days a week 1 half day for training
3 days per week office work 7hrs per day 0.50 day per week training
Details of employability support (training opportunities/mentor)
Health & Safety:
Compliance & Soft Skills:
Customer Service Essentials
Wellbeing & Resilience at Work
IT Proficiency – MS Office/Teams/Zoom etc
Business and Customer Awareness
Any additional training relevant to the role and to support the future employment opportunities for the young person that will be identified during the placement.
Barista x 2
25 hours per week / Minimum Wage for your age group
This position is funded as part of the Government Kickstart Scheme and is open to 16–24 year-olds
on Universal Credit.
If you would like to apply, please speak to your Work Coach at your local Job Centre who will check your eligibility and provide details on how to apply.