Job placement summary
Overall purpose of the role
To provide the management team with administrative support across all Murray Hall operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support with HR administration such as recruitment, onboarding, letter writing, creating forms templates and documents, staff surveys, rota planning and policy updates.
- Update and maintain electronic and manual employee records and the HR system as required.
- Support with finance and payroll administration as required.
- Support with the maintenance of staff training records.
- Maintain efficient filing systems.
- Exercise attention to detail with all administration operations – including paperwork and written communications.
- Make recommendations of areas of improvement where necessary.
- Support the coordination of meetings including diary planning, room bookings, catering and liaising with venues.
- Record and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Order office stationery and ensure secure delivery to home workers.
- Assist with the implementation of Health and Safety requirements and all policies and procedures.
- Maintain spreadsheets and to track invoices, payment authorisations and purchase orders.
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors.
- Provide administrative support to services as required, to include data input, dealing with enquiries and providing information and statistics for reporting.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Person specification and experience
- Attention to detail
- Good problem solver
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective time and workload management
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity and understanding of confidentiality and discretion
- Enthusiastic attitude with an appetite to learn
- Good understanding of MS office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Empathy with the aims and values of the organisation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to continuous improvement including own professional development
- Commitment to principles of Equal Opportunities
- Positive and energetic approach to work
Due to the nature of this post, it is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), criminal records check.
Murray Hall Community Trust
25 hours per week / Minimum Wage for your age group
This position is funded as part of the Government Kickstart Scheme and is open to 16–24 year-olds
on Universal Credit.
If you would like to apply, please speak to your Work Coach at your local Job Centre who will check your eligibility and provide details on how to apply.